Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sister Ora Mae May

Grandma May sitting next to her Brother John and her Parents graves.
Sydnie at her Great Great Grandparents grave.


Great Aunt Ava and Grandma May. The only two left.


My handsome Dad with his Grandparents grave.







Thursday morning I drove down to Delta with a couple of my sisters to attend a funeral for my Great Uncle Cecil. Though I had only seen him a handful of times, I went with great excitment because my Grandmother Ora Mae May was going to be there. She has been serving in the Nauvoo IL Mission for over a year now and I have missed her so much. If you have ever met my Grandma you love her. She is very upbeat and gives the greatest hugs in the world. So I couldnt miss the chance to get a few hundred hugs from her in the few hours I was with her. It was such a great day, I love my family so much.

5 comments:

Chavonne said...

I'm glad you took some pics. They turned out really good. It was a fun trip

ShEiLa said...

I am so glad 'Sister May'...
[although I am more used to Ora Mae]got to go to the funeral.

They would not allow my mission president uncle to attend his own Mothers funeral. I never liked that.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Jason & Claire said...

Oh, I love Mrs. May! I didn't know she was serving a mission in Nauvoo. What a wonderful lady.

Nate and Felicia said...

It was so fun to see her, I have been missing her too. I can't wait to go back east and see her again!

Jeff and Kristy said...

I've never heard that Jack Johnson song, I like it. Hope you are well.